"I'm out here a thousand miles from my home,
Walking a road other men have gone down,
I'm seeing a world of people and things,
Hear paupers and peasants and princes and kings."

My hope is that this blog will keep people involved in where I've been, what I’m doing, and occasionally, what I’m thinking.

Friday 30 March 2012

Back Home!


It’s been awhile.  The past few weeks were spent travelling and moving around, leaving little time to write.  Now that the travelling is over, I can take the time to tell you about where we went and what we did.   Over the next four or five posts, I’ll write about some of the places we found ourselves in.




 Lucy was coming halfway around the world to come see me, so we decided to add another flight to her list and grab a cheap one to Kuching, Malaysia.  Kuching is one of the largest cities on the island of Borneo, which can be found amidst three seas; the South China Sea, The Java Sea, and the Celebes.  It is an island associated with a certain vicious reputation -- head-hunters will do that -- and vast expanses of jungle to boot.  Over ten days, we moved from Kuching to Brunei, back to Kuching again, and then finished our trip in a remote park.  Wild boar, good food, jungle, bad food, boats, buses, airplanes, sun burns, mosques, monkeys, monkeys and monkeys were all part of a what can only be described as an eclectic trip through the island.


Check above for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment